Research Points are earned by the different Laboratories in the game, and are used to buy and upgrade technologies.
The more laboratories you have, the more quickly you'll accumulate research points. Remember to try and spread your research out among the planets, rather than focusing on just one. Since building costs on a given planet go up with each new building made, this net of labs makes for much more efficient use of your resources.
Note that not all research labs produce the same number of research points (RP) on every planet. Laboratories, Halean Labs, and Bio Labs produce the same regardless of where they're built; Cryogenic Labs produce different amounts on different planets.
Technologies are one of the main methods of advancement in the game, so you should make sure you generate as much as you can, as early as you can.
Start of game Edit
Types of laboratoriesEdit
- Laboratory, (which becomes negligible late game as all other Research buildings have a technology based on their specific environment but this common one)
- Bioengineering Center, requires Environmental Sciences 1
- Cryogenic Laboratory, requires Cryogenics 12 (Good early till mid-late game because of the availability of ice)
- Oceanographic Center, same as above but with water instead of ice)
- Fluidodynamics Center. The lack of Hydrogen in early game restrict this building, good mid game
- Vulcan Observatory, requires Vulcanology 1 ( Very specific, only 1 planet on first map, high in initial resource cost, good late game, easy energy management on these lava planets because of proximity to their suns)
- Halean Laboratory, consumes Technetium and requires Halean Technology 1 (2 map technology so, probably New Game + Good late game)
- Karan Laboratory, requires Karan Nuclear Physics 1 (Introduces the need for Caesium, Thorium, Osmium. The best Research building in the ENTIRE game, makes all other obsolete, total endgame candidate)
|s – e Resources|
Ammonia • Ammunition • Antimatter • Armor • Biomass • Caesium • Circuit • Coolant • Dark Matter • Empty Battery • Engine • Explosives • Fuel • Full Battery • Graphite • Hydrogen • Ice • Iron • MK Embryo • Meissner Cells • Meissnerium • Methane • Nanotubes • Oil • Osmium • Plastic • Qasers • Rhodium • Robots • Sand • Shield Capsule • Silicon • Steel • Sulfur • Superconductors • T-Ammunition • Technetium • Thorium • Titanium • U-Ammunition • Uranium • Water • Xirandrium